Thursday, June 23, 2011

UNAM

As I said in an earlier post, we live in the area of the city called Coyoacan. There are lots of trees and parks. It's definitely more green then where the hotel was located and quieter! The Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM) is very close by where we live. You can walk there. This makes Justin and Ariana, especially Ariana, very happy. They do research here. Olivia and I went with them one day to see what the campus was like. It is huge. We only went to the Biblioteca where they have that really cool mosaic on it. Didn't take a whole lot of photos. I had to entertain Olivia for about an hour while Justin went inside the library to look some stuff up. We made a "fire" with some sticks in one area. Then we walked over to another woody area and made a pirate and a ship and houses and then we destoyed them all. It was fun playing in the dirt.

Justin walking towards us in blue shirt

Olivia wearing her cool Dora hat that our friend Elizabeth gave her


Polaroid of UNAM

This was shot with the TZ Artistic film which has a more faded look to it. I use my SX-70 camera with this certain film.

Close up of one of the sides of the biblioteca



On another note, Olivia was being sneaky one evening and ended up taking a photo with one of my Polaroids. It was the SX-70. I had it sitting with my other cameras already opened. When it's closed, it lays flat. It now remains stored flat which isn't as cool looking but it also isn't a temptation. I was mad b/c she wasted one of my Polaroids and she got into trouble but, it's also something to talk about and it is interesting.


Olivia's Polaroid


Next Blog: Bosque de Chapultepec Part I

2 comments:

  1. i love that little girl. the photos of her in mexico will be something she'll love when she's older. love your documentation too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brooke! I hope so. Who knows how much she'll rememeber of all of this. I think I might make a photo book for her later on down the road. :)

    ReplyDelete