Friday, June 10, 2011

Ciudad de Mexico

Hola! As of right now I am living in Mexico City. Have been for a little over a week now. I know I haven't written on my blog in like, two years but I plan on staying on top of it while I'm down here.
The plane ride was not too bad. Olivia did pretty well. Only had a coule of meltdowns and they weren't
even on the plane. She is three now and thinks she can do pretty much eveything on her own. I won't even
talk about the attitude she is getting. She's only three!

Here's Olivia on the plane

We had a layover in Salt Lake City. I don't know why we had to fly there from OKC but we did.
It was pretty though.

Salt Lake City

It was a long flight and Olivia slept most of the way yay! I was happy about that.
Here's a view of Mexico City from the plane.




Mexico City is gigantic! There are so many people everywhere you go. Right now we are staying in a hotel
until our apartment becomes available. We are staying at Hotel Atlanta in the historic center. The people there are very nice. It can get very noisy though. So many cars, honking, people yelling, people driving around w/ loud speakers trying to sell things, sirens...it doesn't ever really stop. Sharing a small room w/
my husband and Olivia can get nerve racking too. We are all sleeping in a giant bed, at least there is enough room for all of us to sleep comfortably. Here's our room and the view from our hotel window.



We are staying in room 308. Yesterday was crazy. Even more then usual. I think there was a car wreck and it backed up traffic for hours. I will post photos of that later b/c I haven't downloaded them yet.

Anyway, I think this is a decent start. Tomorrow I will post about going to the Zocaclo.

No comments:

Post a Comment